Lehrstuhl für Politische Systeme und Europäische Integration
Phone: +49 (0) 89/2180-9045
Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 2180-9042
by appointment via e-mail or phone
DFG-Project "Resource Mobilization in International Public Administrations" as part of the DFG-Research-Unit 'International Public Administration'
Ronny Patz is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Chair in Political Systems and European Integration at the Department of Political Science (Geschwister-Scholl-Institute) at the University of Munich. His current research focuses on budgeting in international organisations, in particular in the European Union and the United Nations system.
Before joining LMU in June 2014, he has been working at the EU Office of Transparency International in Brussels on the transparency, integrity and accountability of EU institutions closely following the 2014 EU elections.
Ronny has studied political science at Freie Universität Berlin as well as Central and Eastern European transitions at Tartu Ülikool (Estonia). During and after his studies, he has worked for the Estonian Ministry of Education, for the German EU Council Presidency (at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg) and in pre-electoral assistance at the Council of Europe Field Office in Moldova. In 2009, he joined Potsdam University (Germany) as an academic assistant, doctoral research and lecturer, teaching courses on political science methods and on the German political system in the European context. He received his PhD from Potsdam University in 2014.
- Patz, R. (2017) Leaking, leak prevention, and decoupling in public administrations: the case of the European Commission, West European Politics.
- Goetz, K. H.; Patz R. (2017) Resourcing International Organizations: Resource Diversification, Organizational Differentiation, and Administrative Governance, Global Policy, 8(S5), 5-14.
- Patz, R. and Goetz, K.H. (2017) Changing budgeting administration in international organizations: budgetary pressures, complex principals and administrative leadership, in Knill, Christoph; Bauer, Michael; Eckhard, Steffen (eds.) International Bureaucracies: Challenges and Lessons for Public Administration Research (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan).
- Patz, R. (2016) Just the TTIP of the iceberg? Dynamics and effects of information leaks in EU politics, in: European Journal of Risk Regulation, 7(2).
- Goetz, K.H.; Patz, R. (2016) Pressured budgets and the European Commission: towards a more centralised EU budget administration?, Journal of European Public Policy, 23(7).
Selected functions at conferences and workshops
- Section Chair (with Steffen Eckhard) "21st Century International Bureaucracy: People, Power, and Performance" at ECPR General Conference in Oslo, 6-9 September 2017
- Panel Chair "Challenges in Financing Global Public Goods through Bilateral Aid and Multilateral Organisation" at ECPR General Conference in Prague, 7-10 September 2016
- Co-Organizer (with Klaus H. Goetz) Workshop "Resourcing international organizations: actors, processes and budgets" in Munich, 23-24 June 2016
- Panel Chair (with Steffen Eckhard) "Bureaucratic Perspectives on International Organizations" at ECPR General Conference in Montreal, 26-29 August 2015
- European Studies Intensive, Munich International Summer University (MISU) 2014, 2015, 2016
- German Politics in its European Context, Potsdam (in German) Winter 2010-11
- Introduction to Political Science Methods, Potsdam (in German) Winter 2009-10
- Global Policy-Making in Organizational Fields: What Role for International Bureaucracies?, LMU Munich (in English) Summer 2018
- Interest group influence and lobbying strategies in selected EU policies, LMU Munich (in English) Winter 2016-17 (Evaluation)