Department of Political Science
Chair of Empirical Theories of Politics
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180-9120
- since 01/2015: Post-Doc in the MORAPOL-project and lecturer, University of Munich
- since 04/2014: Junior Researcher in the MORAPOL-project and lecturer, University of Munich
- since 11/2010: Research Assistant in the research project "Comparative Analysis of Moral Policy Change" (MORAPOL); funded by the European Research Council (ERC).
- Doctoral thesis on "Politics of Dilemma: Coalition considerations and party conflicts on morality policies in Germany and Spain"
- 09/2010 - 01/2015: PhD, University of Konstanz, Germany
- 10/2007 - 11/2009: Master in Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz, Germany and University of Aarhus, Denmark
- 10/2003 - 03/2007: Bachelor in Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz, Germany and University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Prostitution: sin, unavoidable evil or recognized profession?. In: Christoph Knill et al., On the Road to Permissiveness? Change and Convergence of Moral Regulation in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press. (with Christoph Knill)
- Prostitutionspolitik in Deutschland. Entwicklung im Kontext europäischer Trends. Wiesbaden: Springer
- Prostitutionsregulierung: Politische Einigung zulasten der Implementation. In: Christoph Knill et al., Moralpolitik in Deutschland. Staatliche Regulierung gesellschaftlicher Wertekonflikte im historischen und internationalen Vergleich. Wiesbaden: Springer, 107-126
- From "Morality" Policy to "Normal" Policy: Framing Drug Consumption and Gambling in Germany and the Netherlands and their Regulatory Consequences. Journal of European Public Policy, 20 (3): 372-389 (with Stephan Heichel, Kerstin Nebel and Andreas Raschzok).
- Regulating sexual behaviour in Catholic societies: A comparison between Italy and Spain. Journal of European Public Policy, 20 (3): 425-441 (with Sophie Schmitt and Caroline Preidel).
- Non-decisions and invisible cutbacks? The indexation of social benefits in four countries, in: Bauer, Michael W. / Jordan, Andrew/ Green-Pederson, Christoffer/ Héritier, Adrienne (eds.): Dismantling Public Policies: Strategies, Constraints and Outcomes. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 129-155 (with Christoffer Green-Pedersen, Flemming Juul Christiansen, Carsten Jensen und John Turnpenny).
- Environmental Policy: Review on Leader and Laggard Countries, in: Jakob, Klaus / Haum, Rüdiger / Vagt, Henrik / Tews, Kerstin / Werland, Stefan / Raecke, Florian / Eisgruber, Jesko / Kahlenborn, Walter / Lux, Florian / Sommerer, Thomas / Müller, Aike / Holzinger, Katharina / Varma, Adash / Leveson-Gower, Henry / Ekins, Paul (eds.), Environment and the Single Market. Final Report to the European Commission Brüssel. Berlin: FFU - Forschungsstelle für Umweltpolitik der Freien Universität zu Berlin, pp. 23-45 (with Aike Müller and Thomas Sommerer). [environment and the single market]
Media and Comments
Interview Radio Bayern 2
Topic: How can we reform sex work in Germany?“ (in German)
Sommer Term 2015
- The political system of Spain in a comparative view
Room: Oettingenstraße 67 - U139
Winter Term 2014/15
- Introductory course: The political system of Germany
Room: Oettingenstraße 67 - 161
- Exercise course: Societal value conflicts in the parliamentary arena
Room: Oettingenstraße 67 - 161
Winter Term 2012/13
- Universität Konstanz
BA-Vertiefungsseminar "Moralpolitik: Gesellschaftliche Wertkonflikte im
politischen Prozess" (with Caroline Preidel)
Conferences & Talks
- Who are the agents of societal minorities? Paper presented at the ECPR Gender and Politics Conference, Uppsala, 11-13 June 2015. (with C. Preidel)
- Regulating morality policies in the EU: The influence of gender-related explanations. Panel-Chair at the ECPR Gender and Politics Conference, Uppsala, 11-13 June 2015.
- Engagement or avoidance in morality policies? Paper presented at the Comparative Agendas Project Conference (CAP), Lisbon, 22-24 June 2015.
- Politicization without party discipline. Paper presented at the Comparative Agendas Project Conference (CAP), Lisbon, 22-24 June 2015. (with C. Preidel)
- State capacity and typical forms of moral regulation. Paper presented at the FoJuS Jahrestagung 2014
- „Politik und öffentliche Verwaltung – Stabilität und Wandel unter komplexen Bedingungen“, Munich, 27-28 November 2014
- Religion versus gender? Investigating conflict lines and patterns of politicization in morality policies. (with Caroline Preidel). Paper presented at the ECPR General Conference, Glasgow, 3-6 September 2014.
- State capacity and typical forms of moral regulation. Some insights from two extraordinary services: assisted suicide and sex work. Paper presented at the 5th ECPR Regulatory Governance Conference, Barcelona, 25-27 June 2014 (with Caroline Preidel)
- Coalition politics and issue politicization in the religious world. Paper presented at the Comparative Agendas Project Conference, Konstanz, 12-14 June 2014
- Agenda mobilisation and radical policy change: What about the role of institutional friction? Some insights from the regulation of same-sex partnerships in Germany and Spain. Paper presented at the ECPR Konferenz, Bordeaux, 5-7 September 2013.
- Disscussant in the Panel "The influence of religion on morality Policies" at the ECPR Konferenz, Bordeaux, 5-7 September 2013.
- Agenda mobilization, morality policy change and institutional friction:Some insights from the regulation of same-sex partnerships in Germany and Spain. Paper presented at the Comparative Agendas Project Conference, Antwerp, 27-29 June 2013.
Scholarships and sponsorships
- DAAD short-term scholarship: 01/2013-03/2013
- Scholarship of the ECPR (European Consortium for Political Research) to support the participation of a summer course of methods of the political science: 08/2011
- Travel scholarship of the university Konstanz: 08/2011
- Scholarship to support graduates of the state Baden-Württemberg: 07/2010 - 10/2010
- Receiving of the "Universitätsratspreis" of 10.000€ in her function as the first chairwomen of the student group “Konstanzer Studenteninitiative für Kinder e.V.”: 10/2010
Work in Progress
- State capacity and typical forms of moral regulation: Some insights from two extraordinary social services: assisted suicide and sex work. (with Caroline Preidel)
- Religion versus gender? Investigating conflict lines and decision-making patterns for morality policies. (with Caroline Preidel)
- Agenda mobilization, morality policy change and institutional friction:Some insights from the regulation of same-sex partnerships in Germany and Spain.
- Regulatory patterns of prostitution policy in Europe: explaining diverging trends in an exemplary case study on Sweden and Germany.
- Reviews: Journal of European Public Policy and Journal of World Medical & Health Policy, Journal of Policy & Internet
- Honorary Post: 08/2008 - 4/2012: Founder and First Chairman of the nonprofit association "Konstanzer Studenteninitiative für Kinder e.V."