Felix Biermann joined the IR research team at the Geschwister-Scholl-Institute for Political Science in 2016. He finished his dissertation in 2019 researching the regime complexity and the European Union in general and the EU’s Common Security and Defence Policy specifically. Having worked on the so-called refugee crisis and researching the “Eurocracy”, Felix is keen to develop a broad perspective on European studies. Moreover, Felix was part of the DFG research project “Diversity or convergence? Explaining the development of defense-industrial policies” analyzing states’ defense procurement and export strategies. Felix holds a BA degree in Philosophy & Economics from Bayreuth University and a Master of Public Policy from the Willy-Brandt-School of Public Policy. After graduating, he worked two years as a senior public sector consultant for an international management consultancy.
- Biermann, Felix and Jagdhuber, Stefan (2021): “Take it and leave it! A postfunctionalist bargaining approach to the Brexit negotiations“, West European Politics, DOI: 10.1080/01402382.2021.1901039
- Biermann, Felix and Weiss, Moritz (2021): “Powerhouse Without a Cause? - Germany’s stealth strategy and the integration of European defence”, Journal of European Integration, DOI: 10.1080/07036337.2021.1877691
- Biermann, Felix and Rittberger, Berthold (2020): “Balancing Competence and Control: Indirect Governance-Triangles in EU Regulation”, in: Kenneth Abbott, Philipp Genschel, Duncan Snidal, and Bernhard Zangl (eds.): The Governor’s Dilemma, Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Biermann, Felix; Guerin, Nina; Jagdhuber, Stefan; Rittberger, Berthold and Weiss, Moritz (2017): “Political (non-)reform in the euro crisis and the refugee crisis: a liberal intergovernmentalist explanation”, Journal of European Public Policy, DOI: 10.1080/13501763.2017.1408670
- Weiss, Moritz and Biermann, Felix (2021): “Networked Politics and the Supply of European Defence Integration”, Journal of European Public Policy, DOI: 10.1080/13501763.2021.1916057
- Weiss, Moritz and Biermann, Felix (2021): “Cyberspace and the protection of critical national infrastructure”, Journal of Economic Policy Reform, DOI: 10.1080/17487870.2021.1905530
- Weiss, Moritz and Biermann, Felix (2018): "Defence Industrial Cooperation", in: Hugo Meijer and Marco Wyss (eds.): The Handbook of European Defence Policies and Armed Forces, Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 693-709