Political Systems and European Integration
Comparative political science; Electoral behaviour; Populist radical right; Causal inference; Reproducibility; Open Science
Department of Political Science
Chair of Political Systems and European Integration
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180-9019
Dr. Julia Schulte-Cloos is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie funded LMU Research Fellow at the Geschwister Scholl Institute of Political Science at LMU Munich. Her research lies at the intersection of comparative politics, political sociology and socio-psychology.
She obtained her PhD at the European University Institute. Her doctoral dissertation addresses the interplay between European integration and the surge of the radical right. Two articles of her dissertation are currently published. The first article has appeared in European Union Politics. The second article has been published in Journal of European Public Policy.
She is an advocate of open science. She is member of the LMU Open Science Center and part of the catalyst network of the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS). Have a look at her CV for more information.
Summer semester 2020
- Seminar: Electoral behaviour in contemporary Western Europe (MA-level)
Winter semester 2019/20
- Basic Course Political System of Germany (BA-level)
Articles in journals
- Kriesi, Hanspeter; Schulte-Cloos, Julia (2020). "Support for radical parties in Western Europe: the role of long- and short-term dynamics", Electoral Studies.
- Schulte-Cloos, Julia (2019). The effect of European Parliament elections on political socialisation, Journal of European Public Policy, 26:7, 1094-1111.
- Schulte-Cloos, Julia (2018). Do European Parliament elections foster challenger parties’ success on the national level? European Union Politics, 19(3), 408–426.
Chapters in edited volumes
- forthcoming. CUP. Gessler, Theresa; Schulte-Cloos, Julia. "The return of the economy? Issue contention in the protest arena", in: Kriesi, H.; Lorenzini, J.; Häusermann, S.; Wuesst, B. (Eds.): Contention in times of crises. Comparing political protest in 30 European countries, 2000-2015.
- Bremer, Björn; Schulte-Cloos, Julia (2019). "The restructuring of British and German party politics in times of crisis", in: Hutter, S. and Kriesi, H. (Eds.): Restructuring European party politics in times of crisis, Cambridge University Press; pp. 281-301.