Chair of Empirical Political Research and Policy Analysis (Thurner)
We offer courses in the following fields:
- Fundamentals of Methodology and Statistics
- Formal Mathematical Models of Politics and Political Economy
- Methodology in International Relations Research and Comparative Politics
- Research Design in Quantitative and Qualitative Policy Analysis
Our key research interests are:
- Electoral Research
- Discrete Choice Analysis & Network Analysis
- Energy Policy
- Foreign Policy, Defence and Security Policy
- Transgovernmental Administrative Cooperation
Geschwister-Scholl-Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Phone: + 49 (0) 89 / 2180 9080
Opening hours: Monday – Friday: 09.00 – 12.00 h
- Dr. Mauerer, Ingrid
- Mehltretter, Andreas M.Sc.
- Dr. Pamp, Oliver
- MA/MPhil Primus, Simon
- Dr. Schäfer, Jerome PhD
- Wankmüller, Sandra M.A.
- Ziegler, Eva M.A.
- Panel Discussion on “International Trade of Arms: New Facts and Assessments” on January, 29 (2015)
- New Website for Arms Trade Research Project plus Workshop (20.09.2018): Statistical Network Data Analysis
- New Publication: The Politics of Nuclear Energy in Western Europe Edited by Wolfgang C. Müller and Paul W. Thurner
- Estimating voter transitions using a new Bayesian hybrid approach
- New paper: Oliver Pamp, Paul W. Thurner: "Trading Arms and the Demand for Domestic Military Expenditures: A Dynamic Panel-Data Analysis"
- New Paper: Andreas Mehltretter, Oliver Pamp, Simon Primus, Paul W. Thurner: "International Arms Trade and Intrastate Conflict Onset"
- New article published by Mauerer, I. Pößnecker, W., Thurner, P. W., & Tutz, G.: Modeling electoral choices in multiparty systems with high-dimensional data: A regularized selection of parameters using the Lasso approach.
- Workshop: Computational Methods for Networks
- New Group on Quantitative Network Science at the Center for Advanced Studies
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship/Position
- Workshop: Web Scraping and Text Mining with R
- New article published by Rudolph, Lukas and Thomas Daeubler: "Holding Individual Representatives Accountable: The Role of Electoral Systems"
- New Article on the Rural Electoral Base of the Nazi Party
- New Publication: "The build-up of coercive capacities", Journal of Peace Research
- "Aspiration Models of Committee Decision Making", Talk by Bernard Grofman at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy; 18:00, May 11th, Ludwig 31, 021
- „Advanced Discrete Choice Modelling” at the ECPR Winter School in Methods and Techniques, University Bamberg (29 February to 4 March 2016). Provided by: Paul. W. Thurner, T.A.: Ingrid Mauerer
- „Advanced Discrete Choice Modelling” at the ECPR Winter School in Methods and Techniques, University Bamberg (6 to 10 March 2017). Provided by: Paul. W. Thurner, T.A.: Ingrid Mauerer
- „Advanced Discrete Choice Modelling” at the ECPR Winter School in Methods and Techniques, University Bamberg (2 to 9 March 2018). Provided by: Paul. W. Thurner and Ingrid Mauerer